Do you think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating, driving positive change, and delivering awesome results? Are you passionate about innovation using technology? Do you want to change the status quo? Do you have a strong love of making things easier on yourself and others by automation? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced production designer that can produce while leading a team of in house & outsource labor while innovating production systems. The ideal candidates are committed to excellence and continuously outperforming themselves. You will utilize and advance your skills in aluminum, steel, concrete, glass, product evaluations, project management and more, and all across the US for wind, snow, seismic & special conditions.
The position can be entirely remote or hybrid, spending flexible time in one of our attractive office spaces.
A sneak preview of your responsibilities includes, but not limited to:
- Analyze configurations of basic structural components of a building component in one of our key departments.
- Calculate each components’ pressures, moments, shear, and deflection per Florida & International Building Codes.
- Evaluate various materials to see how they will affect the structure and design accordingly.
- Serve as liaison between clients, engineers and other designers to agree on methods to design safe components.
- Design drawings, calculations, specifications and computer models for our clients.
- Utilize AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Excel, custom & finite element analysis programs for simulation purposes.
- Document repetitive calculations and create a process for re-use in the future with the end goal of making the process more efficient. Communicate to the team.
- Develop new ideas and systems and analyze and improve existing ones.
- Assist other designers in complex projects or as needed.
- Change the world!
- Advanced working knowledge of AutoCAD; skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Minimum 2 years experience in a position that designs building components or related industry.
- Self-driven who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent with engineering blueprints; understanding of Florida / International Building Codes; experienced theory with structural elements & formulas.
- Excellent communications & multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work fully remote but in team with staff.
- Engineering degree and E.I. are a plus – Mechanical or Civil Degrees Welcome. No degree necessary for the position, just active working experience
- Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range is $60,000 – $100,000++ based on experience and revenue earning potential.
- Team revenue sharing incentive opportunities are available.
- 100% Employer contribution health Insurance plans
- 3% salary IRA contribution match.
- Base life Insurance plan included
- Best available group dental, life, and other supplemental benefits available.
- Engineering Express is not your ordinary firm, our engineering services are not ordinary, and we don’t want our people to be ordinary. We live our core values daily: ‘Win As A Team’, ‘Make Our Customer’s Day’, ‘Own It’, ‘Innovate Everything’ and ‘Celebrate Achievements!’ If you meet the above requirements AND these core values speak to you AND you can’t imagine working for a traditional engineering firm, then please submit your resume as soon as possible!
Impress us by sending your resume & something to interest us to Office@EngineeringExpress.com