Richard Neet, E.I. Presenting his presentation of an overview of the Florida Statewide Product Approval System and the Miami Dade…Details
Engineering Express® is the leader in Product Evaluation Submittals.
We provide full service analysis & certifications for your building product needs
Areas of Expertise:
Establish a cost effective product test protocol
Product Evaluation, Detailing, Rational Analysis,Validation,
& Certification For Submission to Accredited Agencies
Site Specific Custom Applications
Experienced Consultation to optimize your product design
Expert Product Evaluation Reports
Andrew Piedra inspects large missile curtainwall systems during testing
Providing Product Evaluations For Submittal
To Accredited Agencies Such As
We specify test protocols and evaluate product testing performed by accredited test laboratories.
Here are some video examples of tests we’ve supervised:
Engineering Express witnesses a test of a full scale
curtainwall application for high wind and impact
Testing machinery is inspected in preparation for
impact and cyclical loading testing on glazed openings
Selected Knowledgebase Articles
- ASTM E1996 Missile Levels and Definition
- Did the loading requirements change for rooftop structures for ASCE 7-10 and the 2014 Florida Building Code?
- Can an Engineer Design Alternate Anchorage for a Florida Product Approval or other Product Evaluation?
- Should a professional utilize the ASD (“Allowable Stress Design”) method or the LRFD (“Load Resistance Factored Design”) method when calculating the required wind pressure for use with tested / approved systems?
- What windspeed should I use for my project?
- What wind information is required for construction documents?
Selected Product Evaluation Articles
On 3/11/14, Engineering Express’ Andrew Piedra and Zachary Rubin, E.I. visited the Construction Research Laboratory curtainwall testing facility. Headquartered in Miami,…Details
Hurricane Debris Impact Standards Read this page to learn about the minimum standards used by the building code to…Details