This certification is applicable to the Elite OSB/Aluminum Skin – EPS Foam Core Composite Roof Panels. It includes numerous dimensions, wind speed/pressures, and component options for many common Elite Aluminum applications. It is sold as engineered sealed documents and meet the requirements of the applicable building code for the approval of structural adequacy only. Use It in conjunction with your other approved documents to obtain a building permit.
This certification is generic and installations beyond this scope or site specific applications shall require custom engineering that can be performed by Engineering Express.
Click here to request a quote.
For states not listed here, please contact us.
PANEL STRUCTURAL PROPERTIES DERIVED FROM CERTIFIED TEST REPORTS Nos. HETI-05-2025, -05-2026, -05-2027, -05-2028, -05-2032, -05-2033, -05-2034, -05-2035 BY HURRICANE ENGINEERING & TESTING, Inc.
RECOMMENDED DEFLECTION NOTES:
- USE L/120 FOR ALL MEMBERS SUPPORTING ROOFS OVER AN OPEN OR SCREEN-WALLED ROOM.
- USE L/180 FOR ALL MEMBERS SUPPORTING ROOFS WITH A NON-PLASTERED CEILING OVER AN ENCLOSED ROOM.
- USE L/240 FOR ALL MEMBERS SUPPORTING ROOFS WITH A PLASTERED CEILING OVER AN ENCLOSED ROOM.
- MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE ROOF OVERHANGS FOR THE VALUES LISTED ABOVE SHALL NOT EXCEED 3′-0″. MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SIDE OVERHANG IS 25% OF LAST PANEL WIDTH. (i.e. 12″ MAX FOR 48″ PANEL WIDTH).
- MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE ROOF SLOPE SHALL BE 3″ MAX PER FOOT (3:12).
- SEPARATE ‘SITE-SPECIFIC’ SEALED ENGINEERING SHALL BE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO DEVIATE FROM LOADS, DEFLECTIONS, OR SPANS CONTAINED HEREIN. LINEAR INTERPOLATION OF THE TABLE IS NOT PERMITTED. CONTACT THIS ENGINEER FOR ALTERNATE SPAN CALCULATIONS AS MAY BE REQUIRED.
- DESIGN PRESSURES SHALL BE CALCULATED BY A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER.
For variations of this plan, click here - select 'Revision To One Of Our Projects' when asked, & reference the MPS SKU number listed herein.