Public Announcement 11/21/13:
The Wall of Wind™ at Florida International University in Miami is a valuable tool for the research community and the University has just announced they are now also working with clients in the private industry, providing previously unachievable wind testing opportunities for innovative ideas and new products.
Watch this video to learn more:
The 12-fan Wall of Wind™ (WOW) is the largest and most powerful university research facility of its kind and is capable of simulating Category 5 hurricane strength winds! A carefully calibrated flow management system creates realistic hurricane characteristics with turbulence, gusting and atmospheric boundary layer conditions. To learn more about the Wall of Wind™ and its well-recognized experts in wind engineering, please visit: http://wow.fiu.edu/
Wall of Wind™ Testing with Wind and Wind Driven Rain:
- Roofing materials and systems
- Wall cladding
- Building rooftop equipment
- Louver systems
- Fenestration products (windows, doors)
- Solar collectors
- Shelters, tents, etc.
- Green building technologies
- Architectural features
- Sustainable building envelope systems
- Transportation structures (bridges, road signs, light poles, etc.)
- Electrical infrastructure systems
- Communication (antenna, dishes, etc.)
- Research for product development
Contact the Wall of Wind™ Team to answer any questions and discuss how they could help with any research and development efforts. Your team is also welcome to visit the Wall of Wind™ to learn more about its capabilities and what it can do for you.