Engineering Express provides structural certifications for WALL MOUNTED signs attached to a main structure.
This tutorial explains how to create a sign project for our review and certification using our base template1, 2. Please review the checklist below and make sure you complete all necessary steps before uploading your project.
Projects are submitted to us through our ExpressPass system by clicking here.
SITE SPECIFIC WALL MOUNTED SIGN JOB ORDERING CHECKLIST
Please submit a sketch of your sign on our template showing the following information but not limited to:
- Project address, city, & state (Note: We only certify signs in the states3 we are licensed.)
- An “existing” and “proposed” detailed sketch4 of the sign including all dimensions
- The type of wall we are connecting to (wood, filled or hollow CBS, concrete, metal stud, etc.)
- The anchorage required for the sign, letters, raceway, etc.
- Show anchor brand name
- Show anchor diameter
- Show anchor embedment
- Show anchor quantity & spacing (such as 4″ from end and 24″ maximum on center top and bottom or (4) per letter AND if applicable, edge distance if close to a wall corner)
- The electrical code required & county specific information (if applicable)
- Any other information you would like listed such as sign color, installation instructions, etc.
1 Click here to download our FLORIDA Wall Mount Sign template.
2 Click here to download our OUT-OF-STATE Wall Mount Sign template.
3 Click here to view the list of states we are licensed in.
4 Click here to download the sample sketch shown below.