Engineering Express provides structural certifications for GROUND MOUNTED signs. We certify the stability of the pole in the ground with/without a footing, the supporting poles, and if necessary, the sign structure itself.
This tutorial explains how to create a sign project for our review and certification using our base template1, 2. Please review the checklist below and make sure you complete all necessary steps before submitting your project.
Projects are submitted to us through our ExpressPass system by clicking here.
Before you submit your project, be sure to check out our generic master plan sheets which can be ordered signed and sealed from our plan store for permit. They work for many common installations. See them here at Single Post Sign Master Plan Sheet or our Double-Post Sign Master Plan Sheet
SITE SPECIFIC GROUND MOUNTED SIGN JOB ORDERING CHECKLIST
Please submit a sketch of your sign on our template showing the following information but not limited to:
- Project address, city, & state (Note: We only certify signs in the states3 we are licensed.)
- An “existing” and “proposed” detailed sketch4 of the sign including all dimensions
- If required, include the proposed footing5 type, dimensions, & reinforcement details
- Include the post5 information:
- Show quantity of post(s)
- Show location of post(s)
- Show material & grade of post(s)
- Show size, shape, & thickness of post
- The electrical code required & county specific information
- Any other information you would like listed such as sign color, installation instructions, etc.