BUILDING COMPONENT DESIGNER
Do you thrive in driving positive change & delivering awesome results? Are you passionate about innovation using technology? Do you want to change the status quo? Do you want to be a part of a one-of-a-kind team changing the world of building component engineering design? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a designer skilled in structural reviews of small projects. The ideal candidates are committed to excellence and continuously outperform themselves. You will utilize and advance your skills in aluminum, steel, concrete, glass, product evaluations, project management, and more, and all across the US for wind, snow, seismic & special conditions, truly one-of-a-kind opportunity, and all centered around technology & innovation.
The position is preferably hybrid, spending flexible time in our West Palm office space.
A sneak preview of your responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Analyze configurations of basic structural components of a building component in one of our key departments.
- Calculate each components’ pressures, moments, shear, and deflection per proper building codes.
- Evaluate various materials to see how they will affect the structure and design accordingly.
- Serves as liaison between clients, engineers, and other designers to agree on methods to design safe components.
- Design drawings, calculations, specifications, and computer models for our clients.
- Utilize AutoCAD, Excel, custom & finite element analysis programs for simulation purposes.
- Document repetitive calculations and create a process for systemized re-use with the end goal of making the process more efficient.
- Develop new ideas and systems and analyze and improve existing ones.
- Assist other designers in complex projects or as needed.
- Advance our engineering industry!
- Sills & Abilities Needed For The Position
- A degree in civil-structural engineering is strongly preferred, with an EI or PE (or prove your skills otherwise).
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD; skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Teams, Sharepoint, & Outlook)
- Minimum 1-year experience in a position that designs building components or related industries.
- Self-driven who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent with engineering blueprints; understanding of Florida / International Building Codes; experienced theory with structural elements & formulas.
- Communications & multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work fully remote but in a team with staff.
- Mechanical or Civil Degrees with structural interest are welcome.
- Salary & Benefits:
- Work from home or hybrid work from one of our attractive metropolitan offices. (WPB preferred)
- Salary range is $60,000 – $75,000++ based on experience and revenue earning potential. PE qualifications with the ability to seal work will add to the base salary & incentives.
- Industry-leading unlimited personal time off.
- Structured revenue sharing incentives & growth opportunities.
- Diverse educational & continued learning reimbursement programs.
- Monthly work-from-home stipend.
- 100% Employer contribution Health Insurance plans.
- 3% salary IRA contribution match.
- Base life Insurance plan included.
- Best available group dental, life, and other supplemental benefits available.
- Possibility of becoming a Division Owner or Licensed Affiliate with your own setup, industry, and geographic region.
Engineering Express is not your ordinary firm, our engineering services are not ordinary, and we don’t want our people to be ordinary. We live our core values daily: ‘Win As A Team’, ‘Make Our Customer’s Day’, ‘Own It’, ‘Innovate Everything’ and ‘Celebrate Achievements!’ If you meet the above requirements AND these core values speak to you AND you can’t imagine working for a traditional engineering firm, then please submit your resume as soon as possible!
Impress us by sending your resume & something to interest us to [email protected]
Engineering Express strictly follows CDC guidelines for workplace safety & has taken measures to minimize risks for staff.