This non-site-specific master plan sheet is applicable to Four Seasons-Metals USA EPS Foam Core Roof Panels. It is sold as an engineered sealed document and meets the requirements of the applicable building code using ASCE 7-10 for the approval of structural adequacy only. Use a sealed version of this plan in conjunction with your other approved documents to obtain a building permit.
This certification is generic and installations beyond this scope or site specific applications shall require custom engineering that can be performed by Engineering Express. Click here to request a quote.
For states not listed here, please contact us.
- PANEL STRUCTURAL PROPERTIES DERIVED FROM CERTIFIED TEST REPORTS (REPORT NOs. 50332-A, 50410-A, 50410-B, 50410-C, 50410-D, 50410-E, 50410-F, 50410-G, 50410-H, 50410-I, BY TERRAPIN TESTING, INC.).
RECOMMENDED DEFLECTION NOTES:
- USE L/80 FOR ALL MEMBERS SUPPORTING ROOFS IN THE HVHZ WITH A SPAN LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 12′-0″.
- USE L/120 FOR ALL MEMBERS SUPPORTING ROOFS OVER AN OPEN OR SCREEN-WALLED ROOM.
- USE L/180 FOR ALL MEMBERS SUPPORTING ROOFS WITH A NON-PLASTERED CEILING OVER AN ENCLOSED ROOM.
- USE L/180 FOR ALL MEMBERS SUPPORTING ROOFS IN THE HVHZ WITH A SPAN GREATER THAN 12′-0″.
- USE L/240 FOR ALL MEMBERS SUPPORTING ROOFS WITH A PLASTERED CEILING OVER AN ENCLOSED ROOM.
(HVHZ = High Velocity Hurricane Zone – Dade and Broward Counties, FL click here for more about HVHZ
- MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE ROOF OVERHANGS FOR THE VALUES LISTED ABOVE SHALL NOT EXCEED 3′-0″. MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SIDE OVERHANG IS 25% OF LAST PANEL WIDTH. (i.e. 12″ MAX FOR 48″ PANEL WIDTH).
- MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE ROOF SLOPE SHALL BE 3″ MAX PER FOOT (3:12).
For variations of this plan, click here - select 'Revision To One Of Our Projects' when asked, & reference the MPS SKU number listed herein.