|0.0100 × 17.0000 × 11.0000 in
Digitally Sealed E-Permit File, Raised Sealed Hardcopy
Performance Evaluation Report
AP Air, Elite Aluminum
Sunroom – Patio – Canopy – Pergola Shed Concrete Footing Foundation Slab Generic Plan
$150.00 – $200.00 or ( 15 Tokens - 20 Tokens )
This plan provides a code-minimum design for footing and slab of various standard configurations for exterior lightweight non-habitable patios. For use with open-walled patios, screen rooms, canopies, pergolas & enclosed sunrooms where UPLIFT is assumed to govern. NOTE: Not applicable where frost line requires increased footing depth. (Former Plan #20-23973)
The plan footings covered include slabs with continuous footings, ribbon footings with and without slabs, and concrete pads for a variety of wind speeds, exposures, and patio use throughout the US. It is sold as an engineered sealed document and meets the structural requirements of the 2020/2023 Florida Building Code and the 2018/2021 International Building Codes, as well as the current versions of the MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, SC, & VA building codes as applicable.
Valid for use with ASCE 7-16 & ASCE 7-22. Use it in conjunction with your other approved documents to obtain a building permit. It is generic, and installations beyond the scope and limitations of this document shall require site-specific engineering.
For site-specific projects, click here to request a quote.
For additional help using this plan,
see our Knowledge Base article by Clicking Here
See also footing depth – heave requirements by Clicking Here
To learn more about steel requirements in these footings, Click Here
To learn more about footing types, Click Here
How to use this document:
- Obtain a master or site-specific design plan for an aluminum patio structure – click here to browse our catalog
- Determine the site-specific conditions with your building department or design professional using Chapter 16 of the FBC / IBC.
- Find your uplift reactions for your structure from the intended master plan or by use of our design tools.
- Determine the proper footing size from this master plan to match the uplift required.
- Submit this highlighted information to the building department along with your other site-specific information.
Note: this plan uses a safety factor of 1.67 against uplift
to use Favorites