Engineering Express is seeking an experienced structural designer in the Tampa Bay area. The ideal candidate is committed to excellence and continuously outperforms themselves. You will utilize & advance your skills in aluminum, steel, concrete, glass, product evaluations, project management, and more, and all across the US for wind, snow, seismic & special conditions.
The position is hybrid, spending time in a new Tampa Office Location as needed and at home.
A sneak preview of your responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Serve as liaison between clients, engineers, and other designers to agree on methods to design safe components.
- Manage your work & design team to meet expectations while providing continuous quality control, training, & resources.
- Analyze configurations of basic structural components of a building component in one of our key departments.
- Review & assist in preparing design drawings, calculations, specifications, and computer models for our clients.
- Document repetitive calculations and create a process for systemized reuse with the end goal of making the process more efficient.
- Develop new ideas and systems and analyze and improve existing ones.
- Assist other designers in complex projects or as needed.
- Help in rebuilding efforts in affected storm areas.
- Advance our engineering industry!
- Sills & Abilities Needed For The Position
- Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or applicable area of study.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD; skilled in PC usage and associated software, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Minimum two years experience in a position that designs building components or related industry.
- Self-driven who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent with engineering blueprints; understanding of Florida / International Building Codes; experienced theory with structural elements & formulas.
- Communications & multi-tasking skills.
- PE Licensure a plus to achieve higher salary tier & more incentives.
- Salary & Benefits:
- Work hybrid work from home & our upcoming Tampa Bay Office Location.
- Salary range is $75,000++ – $100,000++ based on experience & revenue-earning potential.
- Industry-leading unlimited personal time off.
- Diverse educational & continued learning reimbursement programs.
- Monthly work-from-home stipend.
- 100% Employer contribution Health Insurance plans.
- 3% salary IRA contribution match.
- Base life Insurance plan included.
- Best available group dental, life, and other supplemental benefits available.
Engineering Express is not your ordinary firm, our engineering services are not ordinary, and we don’t want our people to be ordinary. We live our core values daily: ‘Win As A Team’, ‘Make Our Customer’s Day’, ‘Own It’, ‘Innovate Everything’ and ‘Celebrate Achievements!’ If you meet the above requirements AND these core values speak to you AND you can’t imagine working for a traditional engineering firm, then please submit your resume as soon as possible!
Impress us by sending your resume & something to interest us to [email protected]
Engineering Express strictly follows CDC guidelines for workplace safety & has taken measures to minimize risks for staff.