Master plans, Design Aids, Knowledge Base, & Personalized Engineering Support
Purchase our Pre-Engineered Master Plan
Use These pre-engineered plans to help design & permit your Cardinal Architectural’s Aluminum Louvered Pergola. These plans are applicable to both host-attached and freestanding general designs within the plan limitations. Use them in conjunction with your other approved documents to obtain a building permit.
These certifications are generic and installations beyond their scope, site-specific, or California applications shall require custom engineering that can be performed by Engineering Express.
WANT VIP ACCESS TO CUSTOM CARDINAL ENGINEERING DESIGNS?
Use This Design Force Estimation Tool
Use this complementary tool to find design loads for your project. Compare these design loads to the tables in the Cardinal Master Design Plans.
Approved Cardinal clients obtain access to additional tools like this to aid in sizing beams, columns, foundations & connections.
Other Helpful Resources
Knowledge Base Articles
- How To Use Master Plans – TER’s – Calculator Reports Purchased From Engineering Express
- How To Determine Uplift Reactions For Canopies-Carports-Pergolas
- Wind Speed to Wind Pressure For Sunrooms – Canopies – Pergolas Using ASCE 7-16
- About AAMA 2100 and Sunroom Categories
- Perforated Design Method vs. Segmented Design Methods for Shear Walls
- Types of At-Grade Footings Explained
- What’s the difference between aluminum T5 and T6 temper (like 6063-T5 vs 6063-T6 alloy)?
- Wind Speed vs. Wind Pressure Explained
- TEK Sheet Metal Screws (SMS) – About – Sizes – Gauges
- Typical Information Needed For Engineering Design of a Patio-Pergola Roof
- Where To Buy Extrusions & Parts
- Procedure For Calculating Aluminum Box Beams For Bending
- How to Avoid Contact With Aluminum & Dissimilar Metals
- Metal Fasteners UNC vs Spaced Thread
- What is a canopy awning & which wind forces should I use to design?
- What wind information is required for construction documents?
- Why are spacing, edge distance, and embedment important for concrete anchors?