Engineering Express provides signed & sealed design plans for various types of screened enclosures, sun rooms, & open / enclosed patios attached to a main residence or freestanding.
Please review the checklist below & make sure you complete all necessary steps before submitting your sketch1.
Projects are submitted to us through our ExpressPass system for qualifying members by clicking here.
Before you order a custom patio enclosure project, be sure to check the pre-engineered Master Plans in our Online Plan Store which contain pre-certified, non site-specific plans for permit for a variety of manufacturers and configurations.
SITE SPECIFIC PATIO ENCLOSURE JOB ORDERING CHECKLIST
Please submit a sketch1 showing all the information indicated below.
The following applies to Screened Enclosures, Sun Rooms, & Open / Enclosed Patios:
- If applicable, show roof type, dimensions (depth, skin thickness, etc.), & product approval number
- Show host building roof height & pitch
- Show overall addition dimensions (length & width)
- Show column/post spacing for all components
- Describe columns/posts & inserts if applicable, including dimensions, thickness, & material type
- If applicable, describe host structure type (such as wood frame, CBS block, connecting to rafter tails, etc)
- Describe foundation type – size, reinforcing (or indicate if new)
- If applicable, show windows, doors, including locations, dimensions, & product approval numbers
- If applicable, describe chair rail, including dimensions, thickness, material type, & height from ground
- If applicable, show kick plate, including height (25% max kickplate height)
- Describe carry beam & inserts (if applicable), including dimensions, thickness, & material type
1 Click here to download the sample sketch shown below.
Here’s a chart illustrating some of the many dimensions and components we need to design
an open patio / pergola / carport / louvered roof type structure.
Visit EngineeringExpress.com/Quote to apply for an ExpressPass to submit your project for engineering today.
Last Update: March 30, 2021